Pyramid Comment

This journal takes an alternative view on current affairs and other subjects. The approach is likely to be contentious and is arguably speculative. The content of any article is also a reminder of the status of those affairs at that date. All comments have been disabled. Any and all unsolicited or unauthorised links are absolutely disavowed.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Cut Off My Nose... ID Cards - Again

Original posting, January 2006 Here is a point that has just occurred to me. If I refuse, on principle, to pay for an ID card, then I could end up being sent to prison. This, by itself, is something I would consider doing. To push a middle finger up to Blair and his contemptuous government. But, Blair will be long gone (to Hell?) by the time my passport officially expires. Unless the 'rules' change. However, if I am in prison I am in no position to defend my rights, my family or anything associated with me. I would be a criminal, even if forced into it (and my DNA sample would be - legally - taken. Extracted under protest, perhaps). This, it would be argued, is my own choice. My own fault. I would become a member of an underclass. Or is that a sub-class: the dissident, the protester, the objector, the dissenter. I would be walking right into the Blair trap. It’s a true Catch 22. Between a rock and a hard place. I can only hope that Blair’s government fails. Little hope of that. Of all the cock-ups his Orwellian lot continue to make, they are still... ...IN POWER.